Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Plans

I thought I would write a post about my plans for my etsy shop. First off, I plan to post items for sale, and plan to have one of those nifty things on the sidebar that shows them off. The reason I haven't posted any items yet is because I am short on materials. But I am close so I though I would write about things I plan to put on my etsy shop soon.

Hand painted wooden signs. My husband and I have always really liked signs that have sayings or quotes that we think really applies to us, so one night for a date we made some out of some scrap lumber he had gotten from work (he was working construction at the time, in case you couldn't guess). On another date we made a small shelf for the wall, and on another occasion I painted a clock for out living room, and later on made a sign for our daughters room. After this we went through several years of uncertainty as far as finances and where we would live. Putting us these signs and pictures of us made it feel more like home. We have come up with a few more things we want to have posted in our home, and I got to thinking that some of these things would be things others might really enjoy too. I will do a variety of things like "welcome" and customizable last names, as well as our family motto: "Be happy, no matter what." And something about removing shoes (it seriously decreases on floor cleaning).

Chore charts. This will also be on boards, like the signs, but they will either have pegs or magnets so that children can mark when they have done something on their chore chart. I ill be keeping these fairly simple, so as to keep the cost to a more reasonable amount.

Reusable gift bags. I have seen some cute ones lately, and I dislike wrapping paper because I have so much to throw away after each gift giving holiday.

Mail organizers. Just something simple and kind of pretty to help organize your mail each day!

Beaded jewelery. This one is a ways off, but there are a lot of cool jewelery items I like out there and I really want to get into it. I think that I should focus on improving what I already can do first, and then (after the baby's a bit bigger) get into more things.

Candles. Again with a new skill that I will eventually be working on, but I think I will first work on it for personal use because I like candles.

I am also trying to come up with a consistent daily schedule for our family, and I would like to find an attractive way or displaying that so the kids can see and the early/non-readers know what to expect. When I get that worked out I will create either a printable that I can send to others or have some cute way or displaying it (decorative and functional frames or something). This is obviously still a work in progress.

I hope to create many more things as time goes on, for now though, those are the things that I will be working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment